Thursday 12 February 2009

Recognise stroke F.A.S.T. advert

Here is the recent advert. mentioned on national news and daily Meridian local TV news.
http://www.nhs.uk/actfast/Pages/recognise.aspx

I just wish I had known these symptoms when I went to my GP about a general un-wellness and right arm numbness. She looked a bit tired to me so I agreed with her to "come back in two week's time" --- a few days later, I was driving at 8am on Sunday morning to a car boot sale in Lewes when I had the stroke. Fortunately I pulled it to a petrol station and sought help.
I was never given a brain scan when I eventually got to the hospital.
People with a suspected stroke should have a brain scan as soon as possible to determine:
If the stroke was caused by a blocked artery or a burst blood vessel. In my case, it was ischaemic, blocked artery in the neck.

No comments: